Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August 8 & 9, 2018 Casablanca, Morocco

Just got train here in Casablanca. Waiting for the Tram to Ain Diab.

 Finally running into a little language barrier. But I'm at the airbnb. So let's see how it goes 🤞

08-09:
The beach is very crouded and not too secure. And this is a beautiful house out in the suburbs (but with a slum close by-I think it is the worst I've seen of all my travels). Anyway the tram is a short walk, and goes for miles out and back every 15 minutes. So this is a good place for the next 7 days.

 This is my second day here in Casablanca and I think it's going to be a very nice resting place for the next 7 days (August 8th to the 15th). It is well out side the city center (about an hour by Tram). It is only a mile from the beach, but as you can imagine in a city this size its crowded and hectic, not too secure to leave my things there. Also, oddly, the weather is different here in Casablanca or maybe just this week. It's cloudier, breezier and cooler. So the waves are bigger, and with all the people the water has about 100 yards of silt colored water. But this little pool at my Airbnb is proving to be just fine. I can get my 40 minutes out of it. My room is large with a couple windows for cross ventilation. It has a private bath which is nice. On the entertainment end I paid for Gamepass so I can watch the Seahawks until I get back in October. And I signed up for a 7 day free trial with Direct TV and with my VPN tunneling my streaming through Los Angeles (US TV broadcasters can't stream outside the US - I think is a technological issue rather than a profit loss as its not a market they can get anyway). So I'm watching the PGA championship this weekend. I'm sure Frankie Lee wishes she could be watching it with. She seems to like golf😀. And of course there's Netflix! 
So the bottom line is I've got it all in Casablanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment