Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August 15, 2018 Sidi Bouzid, Morocco

2018-8-15:
 I made it to my Airbnb in Sidi Bouzid, Morocco. This and the next 3 Airbnbs will be over the course of the next 19 days:
Sidi Bouzid - 8/15 to 18;
Souira Kedima - 8/18 to 23;
Sidi Kaouki - 8/23 to 28;
Then to Mirleft for 32 days - 9/3 to 10/5;
An Marrakesh - 10/5 to 18.

 Islamic Prayer Times

Sidi Bouzid · August 15, 2018

Fajr5:22 AM

Sunrise6:57 AM

Dhuhr1:39 PM

Asr5:18 PM

Maghrib8:19 PM

Isha9:43 PM

Based on: Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Morocco · change

 This is the first place I've heard the call to prayer. So I googled it and found the Muslim call to prayer schedule.
 I'll probably use this schedule to lay low.

 I think if I get to the beach early I can make it happen. And the doughnuts? Oh man, there are better than the look😋😉🤗😎

 "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

08-17:
 Yesterday I was back in the ocean, hoorah! August 5th was my last ocean swim even though I swam in the pool in my Casablanca Airbnb everyday from August 8th to 15th. So the 2 days in Rabat were my only days without a swim.
Now comes the task of transport tomorrow. Looks like a taxi back to El Jadida to the CTM bus station then bus to Safi. From there a shared taxi to Souira Kedima. Up to now I've purchase all of my train and bus tickets the day before departure,just to get the feel of the process so I'm not in the blind on moving day. I may make a trial run into El Jadida to the bus station today,we'll see.

 Well I'll be danged. I got my ticket. Glad 8 didn't wait until tomorrow.

08-18:
 I've arrived in Souira Kedima, 20 miles south of Safi. The wifi is questionable, electricity is out at the moment but my cell signal may be able to get this message to you. I'll be here for 5 nights until the 23rd. Hope I can keep you updated while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment