Tuesday, September 4, 2018

September 4, 2018 Aftas Beach House, Mirleft, Morocco

Swim was a bit more in control today, in an out of control fashion. The life guard gave me more tips and let me know when to go in. All went well, but I can't just swim, I need to keep my bearings within the 50 meter space where the water is relatively dead in an undead kind of way. There are still currents and large waves so constant navigation by braille. I'm so glad I use a snorkel and mask. So ocean swimming has taken on a new look here in Mirleft. When exiting I did get caught in the lateral current heading for the big rocks on the right, but I was far enough in that I got out in time. The life guard was surprised I swam for so long. I keep telling everyone I swim for 40 minutes, but their all so surprised when they see it. I happens everywhere I go.

The life guard said I did real good, but when I exit I need to swim at an angle toward the rocks on the left. So more info. The open-water swim blog I just came across is a guy who ocean swims up around the British Isles, much crazier than here. He says there are basic questions to ask ones self: 
When to go in;
Where to go in;
When to get out;
Where to get out;
And finally should you go in at all. 
I'm glad this lifeguard is here. This beach is so particular. My host says not to worry, they will definitely keep me out of harms way; they don't like to lose tourists ðŸ˜‚

So after a month, my ocean swimming skills should be pretty good. I've been so spoiled up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment