Friday, October 19, 2018

2019-10-19 Summary of Swimming the Seven Seas

On October 19, 2018 I returned from my five month swimming adventure, six weeks in Portugal, five weeks in Spain and 12 weeks in Morocco. 145 swims/kilometers @~40 minutes each (20 of these swims in pools and 125 in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean). I was greeted at the Airport by my son Ryan, and we proceeded to chow down at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Then I spent a memorable weekend with my son Todd his girlfriend Nicole, her parents Paul and Annette (top notch people) and granddaughter Frankie Lee. I will be traveling to Utah to see my mom and other family and friends, then to Jackson Hole, WY to spend Thanksgiving with my son, Gabe. I love my travels with a passion, but Seattle is always in my dreams, and has been my heart's home since arriving here May, 1987. I loved working until retirement in the construction industry, rain or shine. Working with my hands and back outdoors was so fulfilling. It truly broadened my outlook on life. My fellow carpenters, including my son's, are my heros they know what hard work is. The adventures I go on are an extention of the spirit of physical labor, since the developing world is primarily just that. I know that's why I feel comfortable in these cultures. The Peace Corps was so valuable for cross-cultural training as well. I don't know what the future holds, I still have so much curiosity about the world that cannot be fulfilled without experiencing through travel. Many people think I'm rich to travel so much, but I'm fortunate through technology to be able to organize my travel so that is costs no more than living in the US. I hope I can keep this up. After all, these are my final laps in life, and I want them to count and to continue to follow my heart, where ever that leads. My son's are always at the top of my list, and I appreciate their support. And Seattle? It will be, at least my favorite vacation destination 😎😉👍😊❤😌

No comments:

Post a Comment